Horn Control System to meet the latest rail group standards in both UK and Europe.
Some time ago Trent Instruments were requested to deliver an Air Horn that would guarantee compliance to the group standards GM/2484 and GM/2131 in all weather conditions.
Due to the tightening tolerances and lower db outputs it became clear that a complete system would be required, rather than being dual sourced as horns and horn control packs.
At these new low levels, the correlation of air pressure and flow is critical.
Trent Instruments have developed a "system" incorporating an intelligent control panel, stable horn design and flexibility to achieve various sound level outputs.
The system includes:
- Manual or automatic control via speed or GPS input
- Conformity to either BS,EN or Railway Group standards
- Low maintenance and "in service" costs
- Option of twin sound pressure levels (SPL) or single with back up option
- 24 and 110 volt options
- Heated horns to combat freezing and reduce db drift
- Automatic thermostatic control
- One system will comply with both high and low speed db output requirements
- Will comply to GM/RT 2131
Please contact our sales team for further information.